Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Zzzzzzzzz's

Let's talk sleep, or lack there of.  You'd have to be living under a rock to not know that once you have children, sleep is a thing of the past.  Kind of along the lines of a statement I made in one of my last posts-"s*x anytime, anywhere."  Where ever that went, sleep followed.  Closely.  At a mad run.  It's never been seen since.  Unless of course, you're able to get away for a weekend, then those two items are almost synonymous in nature, in that, they magically appear.  But THAT is another post, today, it's lack of sleep.

My Littlest Chick is 2 1/2, which means that he's yet to understand and enjoy the vastness of his own bed.  Instead, he finds "Mama's bed" the place to be.  And it's always, "Mama's" bed, not Daddy's bed, ever.  I'm not sure why this is, but secretly, I like it that way.  I only wish that it WAS my bed, but instead it's become his bed.  One where he squeezes himself in the middle of my better half and I.  Pushes his hot little feet into my back, pokes fingers into the back of Better Half, and rests peacefully.  Only to flop this way or that, waking up the two adults that are in bed with him.  It's a constant battle to keep him in his bed, one that I've painstakingly tried to make special and alluring, to no avail.  From special singing sheep, to a plastic light up ladybug, to a silky, celestial blanket (yes, real silk and it cost Santa an arm and a leg), there's nothing that can keep him in his bed.  So of course, I've resorted to the one thing I'm sure will work.  Bribery.

I'm a big believer in bribes.  It's practically a part of the very fabric America was built on (See Here), and still goes on today.  The American Mafia (See Here) didn't get where it is today without the tools of bribery.  Because of their great success, I see no reason to try it myself.  Weapon of choice?  Candy.  Not that he likes candy all that much, I just know he'll never turn it down.  I'm quite sure he snuggles down with the images of sticky gumdrops in his eyes, with the sweet words "Ok Mama" leaving  his lips. Below, you can see how successful I've been in this department-Yes, that is Mama's bed.  It's a real Calamity.

No comments:

Post a Comment